The Sugar starfish is likely the most recognizable type by most people. They are beautiful and can add to any sea-inspired motif alone or incorporated with other pieces. For example, displaying one or two Sugar starfish in a shallow dish can be a simple decorative piece for a powder room, or add several along a table runner for a beach themed centerpiece at a luau party.
Sugar starfish can also be used for a variety of crafts, from wreaths and Christmas ornaments to fashioning one-of-a-kind place cards. Browse our selection and prepare to be inspired.
Be sure to also take a look at our luau and party supply pages, as well as our decorative nets. Combining these products can help you complete the decorations for everyday use or for your next event.
Sea Shell Crafts
If you’re looking for small starfish to use for a craft project, the Bay starfish will likely be your best choice. Some ideas for crafts using Bay starfish include:
- Finding a mirror with a flat, plain frame and gluing starfish along the border
- Creating wreaths of all sizes, using the starfish and other shells
- Melding with wax to make pillar candles
- Using a quantity of starfish, perhaps with sand and other shell varieties for decorative centerpieces
- Attaching to picture frames
- Fine quality Bay starfish are available at US Shell in varying quantities.
Check out our selection for your next project.
The large and small starfish from US Shell are treated and intended for use in art projects and craft items. They may have a slight odor, which is completely normal and will go away in time.
These starfish are typically not for use in aquariums, either freshwater or salt. Learn more by browsing our Starfish pages.
US Shell invites you to learn more about starfish and other sea life by browsing their site and checking out various links. You can also find the locations of our retail stores and contact information by viewing the About Us page.